Splickety Publishing Group needs Lead Graphic Designers to oversee and implement all design features for each issue of our imprints. This position reports to the Art Director and will require the following:
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute high-end graphic design using digital and traditional media platforms. Conceptualize, develop and produce artwork and design for advertising, promotional, and marketing collateral. This includes, but is not limited to producing creative artwork and marketing collateral for:
- Web advertising
- Email campaigns
- Sales sheets
- Exhibit booths
- Landing pages, site graphics, and web design
- Work consultatively with various departments within the organization to gather input on creative vision and specifications.
- Work with the Marketing Team on other projects as assigned.
- Execute day-to-day marketing operational tasks.
- Graphic design experience is a must. Your level of education is not totally necessary to get the job, but our Art Director will interview you to make sure you know what you’re doing and can execute his requests.
- We prefer 3-6 years of solid graphic design experience and interactive media experience.
- A background in Web Design, layout, and typography skills is highly preferred. We’d like to see a portfolio showing examples of creative work/developed websites before we agree to an interview.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite graphics design software, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is required.
- A solid understanding of web standards and SEO best practices is preferred. WordPress.org knowledge and use is also preferred.
- Creative eye and passion for elegant and intuitive design.
- Excellence in managing multiple projects and priorities within tight timetables, in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Solid relationship and network-building skills.
- Outgoing, personable, and confident communicator.
- We really prefer someone who can also help us improve and run our website if possible.
Additional opportunities for growth based on merit, including the potential for a paid position within Splickety, are available.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to Lindsay Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like what we see, we’ll ask for a portfolio.