Splickety Publishing Group, your source for quick fic with kick, needs an Ad Sales Representative to sell print and eventually interactive advertising. This high-energy Sales Representative will sell advertising space to both local business owners and national corporations. Client development will concentrate in industries such as retail, food/restaurants, and publishing (novels, books, music, etc.).
Unlike most of our positions, this staff position is compensated. The amount of money you make directly correlates to how much you sell. We launch four issues per year, and each issue needs to have a certain number of ads in it to make the issue viable. This position will not make you rich by any means (at least not yet) but it will get you some great on-the-side spending cash if you can drum up some business for Splickety.
- Contribute with strong personal effort and commitment to sales initiatives
- Identify and execute revenue-enhancing strategic partnerships
- Manage, renew, and up-sell existing clients
- Meet and exceed all sales goals
- Communicate with potential clients with various methods including face-to-face meetings, phone, email, and cold calls
- Prepare client presentations, negotiations, and follow through with the ad production process
- Actively participate in company promotional events when possible (especially via social media)
- Work with layout/design team to ensure project accuracy (and proper space allotment)
- Maintain a customer database; prepare call logs and rolling revenue reports as requested
- Sales experience in a related field preferred but not required. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Higher education preferred but not required.
- Experience with/understanding of the world of publishing.
- Must possess the energy, enthusiasm and integrity to build a significant client portfolio.
- Excellent prospecting and cold-calling skills necessary. An aggressive attitude in getting to the decision maker is essential.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to represent our brand with poise and sophistication.
- Intermediate skill level using MS Office tools.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and maintain solid working relationships with clients and staff.
- High energy and a love of sales.
- Must be self-motivated with a passion to make money.
Additional duties include managing multiple projects simultaneously. Provide problem-solving solutions to troubleshoot customer questions and concerns. Strong work ethic, excellent communication and organizational skills are essential. Must be team- and goal-oriented while working within a commission structure. Persons with a creative writing background are a plus. Only bright, ambitious and talented people who share our values need apply.
Additional opportunities for growth, including the potential for a Sales Management position within Splickety, are available.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to Lindsay Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org.