I love fall colors, anything leafy, keeping the windows open all day and finally being able to wear shirts with sleeves. Here are a few simple ideas for bringing some fall touches into your home.
- Decorate with pumpkins and gather up other items from around the house that remind you of fall, like owls, old books or anything woodsy or rustic.
- Add some fall foliage to your décor. This is especially important for those of us who live in the low desert and don’t get to witness the leaves changing colors.
- Doesn’t fall weather make you want to curl up under a blanket with a good book? Why not pull your fall-colored books off the shelf and display them? They add some fall color AND encourage impromptu reading sessions. For maximum coziness, add a fall throw to a nearby chair while you’re at it.
- Bring out your fall-colored towels and candles to make your kitchen and bathrooms more festive.
- Set up a tea station with two cups and saucers and a selection of teas so you can enjoy a cup with a friend on a cool day.
Happy fall, y’all!
Tabitha Dumas is a wife of 11 years, mother of two sons, writer, chronic blogger and image consultant. She owns “Let Me Rephrase That” writing services, manages a collaborative blog called FanTABulous Women and offers free image assessments in her home studio. Based in the Chandler/Gilbert area, Tabitha is passionate about helping people live lives of greater beauty, confidence and influence and is always looking for more people to add to her network.